Planes: 6 ✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️

Champagnes: 9 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

Locations: Dubai, Hong Kong, Taipei, Siem Reap, Phuket, Koh Yao Noi and Krabi

February Round Up

Jet Setting

Greetings from Thailand, where I’m 25 days into my Asian adventure. Whilst short in length, February really has been rather sweet. I’ve visited three new countries, all with their own unique charm and I’m honestly still pinching myself over all of the spectacular things I’ve been able to witness this month, first hand.

February Bubble Adventures

At the start of February, Mr O’T and I jetted out to Dubai as our first port of call, en route to Asia. We stayed with some dear friends of ours who’ve been living in the city for 4 years, but who’ll be returning back to the UK shortly. We spent three wonderful nights in the city and did very little other than rest, shop and eat. I know Dubai fairly well now which is great, as it meant we weren’t in a mad rush to try and see everything. Feel free to check out my guide on 10 Fantastic Things You Must Do, See and Eat in Dubai if you’re looking for some #inspo ahead of your next visit to Dubai!

Things to do in Dubai

After saying hasta la vista to the UAE, it was straight on a plane to Hong Kong. I’ve always missed out on trips to Hong Kong in the past for one reason or another, so as you can imagine, I was pretty excited to visit this bustling city for the first time!

February Bubble Adventures

We stayed at The Intercontinental Hong Kong which was just fabulous and which hands down offers the best harbour views of the city. We also did a fair amount of wine-ing and dining which included cocktail-ing my way through the city’s best bars 🍸😉. I also managed to get a fair amount of exercise, mostly through walking but I did love hiking down from Victoria Peak. Look out for more posts on Hong Kong in the near future!

February Bubble Adventures

Taipei was our third stop and was perhaps the biggest surprise of all. I was in town to see the Taiwan Lantern Festival, which was just magical, but other than that, I hadn’t expected to love the city as much as I did.

February Bubble Adventures

Honey from the Girl Next Shore gave me some great food recommendations, my favourite of which was the Wu Pao Chun bakery. I spent a good 30 minutes in here trying to decide what to order and very almost took the whole bakery with me!

February Bubble Adventures

On Valentines Day we arrived in Siem Reap in Cambodia. We had four active filled nights here and as you can probably guess, we were here to see the infamous sunrise over Angkor Wat and overdose on temples. If I’m being honest, I’m sad to say that the sunrise at Angkor Wat didn’t quite live up to the hype.

February Bubble Adventures

Whilst the sunrise itself is spectacular, what instagram doesn’t show you are images such as this….

February Bubble Adventures

And I won’t even go into the number of arguments I got into, through no fault of my own. Unfortunately its become a free for all and people don’t hesitate twice about pushing you out of the way so that they can get their selfie stick in the air – I will be sharing a full low down on my experience later in March!

February Bubble Adventures

Elbow pushing aside, I absolutely adored visiting the temples in Siem Reap – can you believe this image is actually real? I’ve taken thousands of photos of the various temples we visited which I’ll be showcasing on Instagram in due course.

February Bubble Adventures

After Siem Reap it was over to Phuket for some much needed down time at COMO Point Yamu. This luxury hotel resort was out of this world and my favourite hotel stay EVER and this is coming from someone whose stayed in a lot luxury hotels! I can’t wait to share my posts with you next week.

February Bubble Adventures

After Phuket, we jumped straight on a boat for a three night stay on Koh Yao Noi. Now this gorgeous little island is one of the last remaining unspoilt islands left in Thailand. It also wins the award for my new favourite island – you can read all about why it beats other islands I’ve visited to, on Friday!

March Plans

The beginning of March will see Mr O’T and I venturing over to Myanmar. I’m super excited about this aspect of our trip as we’ll be spending some time in Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay and Ngapali beach. I’ll also be living out another bucket list dream of mine, which is taking a hot air balloon ride over Bagan as the sunrises! The rest of March will see me city hopping through Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur before returning back to Dubai. I’ll also be spending 10 nights in the Maldives where I’ll be working on a very exciting luxury travel campaign! I am beyond excited about this so keep your eyes peeled!

What exciting things did you get up to in February and what do you have planned for March?

1. February 28, 2017 / 7:06 pm

Can we just swap months and I will take your itinerary, either this month just gone or next one is fine

• March 3, 2017 / 3:58 am

If someone invents a time swap machine then I’d be happy to give it a try 🙂

2. February 28, 2017 / 7:17 pm

What a fabulous, fabulous February!! I can’t wait to read more about these adventures in full and I’m especially excited to hear about what you’ll be getting up to in the Maldives!

• March 3, 2017 / 3:56 am

Thanks Angie – I have been extremely blessed this month to experience so many wonderful things and I can’t wait for the March adventures to begin 🙂

3. February 28, 2017 / 9:12 pm

So many beautiful sights! Lucky you!

ANOUK

• March 2, 2017 / 9:54 am

Thanks Anouk – it has been an incredible month…I fully recommend taking time out to spend a few months travelling at some point if you haven’t already

4. Suze
    February 28, 2017 / 9:20 pm

That’s quite a crowd at Angkor Wat! Looking forward to reading the full low down. Myanmar will be amazing, have the best time

• March 2, 2017 / 9:53 am

When I looked back at my photos, it was so difficult to actually find one that didn’t have selfie sticks and arms flying around! We’re heading over to Myanmar tomorrow and I’m really looking forward to that as I think it’s still relatively off peoples radars so hopefully we can catch some incredible sunrises without the crowds!

5. March 1, 2017 / 12:41 pm

Oh wow it looks like you’ve visited such amazing places! I would love to visit Dubai at some point – my parents have been and loved it x

LuxeStyle

• March 2, 2017 / 9:51 am

There’s certainly a lot to see and do in Dubai and it’s a great happy medium if you don’t want to fly too long haul as the flight is only 6.5 hours xx

6. March 2, 2017 / 6:25 am

Wow your February looks amazing! I love the photos!

I visited Cambodia in 2012 and was shocked when I saw your photo – I visited Angkor Wat and there were hardly any people in the morning. I can see why you were underwhelmed!!

Can’t wait to read along for your next trips – especially Myanmar, which is high on my list. I hope you love it!

Reena

• March 2, 2017 / 9:50 am

Thanks Reena! That is so interesting to hear about Angkor Wat – I was so disappointed by how many rude people I encountered there which was a shame. We head to Myanmar tomorrow so I’ll keep you posted!

7. March 2, 2017 / 12:23 pm

What an exciting month of traveling! The Taiwan lantern festival looks magical – looking forward to read about your travel adventures in March!

• March 3, 2017 / 3:55 am

Thanks Miriam – February really has been wonderful and I’m so excited about exploring new countries this month too 🙂

8. Gabrielle
    March 3, 2017 / 12:05 pm

I have goosebumps reading this post and seeing all of these fantastic places – what an amazing month February has been for you! The harbour views of the city from The Intercontinental Hong Kong are spectacular and I’m SO looking forward to reading your review of COMO Point Yamu, wow!

aglassofice.com
    x

• March 4, 2017 / 1:25 am

Ah thank you so much Gabrielle – February was an incredible month and so far March is shaping up pretty great too. I have a sneaky feeling that you will LOVE COMO Point Yamu 🙂 xx

• March 4, 2017 / 10:48 am

I have a great cocktail post on Hong Kong coming out next week and Siem Reap the week after xx

9. March 4, 2017 / 10:37 am

Maggie glad you enjoyed the bakery! Trust me I had just as much as you had in your tray as well!
    So glad you’re enjoying Asia and can’t wait to see more! x

• March 7, 2017 / 3:20 pm

Hahaha I’m so pleased to hear I’m not the only one 😊 – I literally could have taken then whole bakery with me!xx

• March 7, 2017 / 3:06 pm

Thanks Georgina! It was pretty fab and it’s been so nice to escape winter!