A Stylish Afternoon Tea At The Ham Yard Hotel

Nestled away in a leafy courtyard, in the heart of Soho is The Ham Yard Hotel – one of London’s most stylish luxury hotels and a regular haunt for those with excellent taste πŸ˜‰. Last week, I finally made a long overdue return to the hotel, after gushing about it previously on my top 10 Luxury Hotel Bars in London

ham yard hotel afternoon tea

This time around, I was here with a fabulous group of ladies, who were gathering from all corners of the globe to share their common interests over champagne and afternoon tea!

ham yard hotel afternoon tea

One thing I love about the Ham Yard hotel is that it oozes #interiordesigngoals everywhere. This is even more apparent if you’re seated on the Lower Ground Floor, in the vicinity of where the private dining room is located.  The hotel’s vibrant scene, luxurious upholstery and playful features are quite a sight to behold and no expense has been spared by interior designer Kit Kemp, in ensuring that this is one hotel to remember.

ham yard hotel afternoon tea

As we were a large group, we hired out the private dining room to enjoy the Ham Yard Hotel afternoon tea in a relaxed yet intimate setting.

ham yard hotel afternoon tea

We weren’t disappointed as the room was beautifully laid out and had quite an endearing yet quirky vibe to it. There were also a fair few references to London just to make sure there was no forgetting where we were!

the ham yard hotel

Everything was ready and waiting for us and the only thing we needed to concern ourselves with was, where to sit and accept the free flowing champagne headed our way.

the ham yard hotel

It’s been a while since I indulged in afternoon tea and my last experience was actually Christmas afternoon tea at The Ritz back in December. Nevertheless, glaring at the delicately presented towers of afternoon tea served as a gentle reminder as to just how much I enjoy this popular British past-time.

the ham yard hotel

Our Ham Yard Hotel afternoon tea selection included classic finger sandwiches of roast beef, egg, coronation chicken and cheese along with savoury quiches, bagels and chorizo sausage rolls.

the ham yard hotel

The scones were delicious and served warm with clotted cream and homemade raspberry and passion fruit jam. It was the cakes that really stole the show for me though. The vanilla macarons were light and crispy, the chocolate fudge browny had just the right amount of gooey-ness without being sickly and the gigantic sized jammy dodgers brought back wonderful memories of my childhood.

the ham yard hotel

After polishing off our afternoon teas, we made our way up to the hotel roof terrace which is usually reserved for overnight guests only. Management kindly waived this rule to allow us to continue our soirΓ©e whilst soaking up the typical British weather – thankfully there was no rain!

ham yard hotel afternoon tea

ham yard hotel afternoon tea

the ham yard hotel

We had a fabulous afternoon tea at the Ham Yard Hotel. The service in the private dining room was excellent and drinks were served for the entire duration of our room hire. We were also given access to the rooftop terrace to continue our celebrations which was the icing on the cake!

Have you experienced the Ham Yard Hotel Afternoon Tea before?

1. Becs
    April 18, 2017 / 7:26 am

Have been waiting in anticipation for this post since the teaser photo you put on Facebook last week! It was every bit as good a post as I had hoped and it will be on my list of places to visit next time I am in London! Thank you Maggie!! X

• April 20, 2017 / 9:41 am

Thank you Bec for your lovely comments and I’m so pleased my post has encouraged you to visit πŸ™‚ xx

2. April 18, 2017 / 9:02 am

The Ham Yard has got to be one of my favourite boutique hotels. It’s just gorgeous isn’t it?

• April 20, 2017 / 9:40 am

It’s such a fab hotel Angie – I do love it there!

3. April 18, 2017 / 9:37 am

The roof terrace looks like a fab place! The afternoon tea looks delicious x

LuxeStyle

• April 20, 2017 / 9:37 am

Thanks Jenny – the Ham Yard is such a fabulous and fun hotel to visit…I definitely recommend the next time you’re in the area!

4. April 18, 2017 / 9:23 pm

That roof terrace looks incredible! I do love the Ham Yard. Totally love how trustworthy the drinks there are and the atmosphere is super fab!

• April 20, 2017 / 9:36 am

It’s such a fab and funky hotel!! We had so much fun scoping out the roof terrace – I’m glad no one else was up there though as we might have been told off for being too loud πŸ˜‰

5. April 19, 2017 / 9:42 am

I love the Firmdale Hotels, especially their cocktail bars! I’ll definitely be adding afternoon tea here to my to-do list, it looks fabulous.

• April 20, 2017 / 9:32 am

I’m definitely adding more Firmdale hotels to my list now!

6. Suze - Luxury Columnist
    April 19, 2017 / 2:33 pm

What a lovely group shot of your friends and how nice that they let you go to the terrace, I’ve been there for a private event and it was really fab. The tea looks delicious!

• April 20, 2017 / 9:30 am

Thanks Suze – it’s a fabulous hotel isn’t it!

7. April 20, 2017 / 6:51 am

I love the Ham Yard. I often go for dinner but yet to try the afternoon tea. Obviously this has to change now

• April 20, 2017 / 9:30 am

Oooo I haven’t been for dinner so I’ll definitely have to give dinner a try too!

8. April 20, 2017 / 12:31 pm

Sounds like you had a fab time! I love the Ham Yard Hotel but never been for afternoon tea – this may all change now I’ve seen how yummy it looks πŸ™‚

Holly x

• April 24, 2017 / 12:11 pm

We had so much fun and it was great having a private room too – it meant we could be as loud as we wanted πŸ™‚! I really want to return for dinner now after this experience! xx

9. April 20, 2017 / 5:36 pm

This looks so quirky and cool! I think I need to arrange an afternoon tea soon, and the Ham Yard looks like a great spot ☺️

Angharad x
    welshandwonderful.com

• April 24, 2017 / 12:10 pm

I think you would really love the Ham Yard Angharad – they do fabulous cocktails of an evening too plus you have plenty to celebrate at the minute!! ☺️ xx

10. April 21, 2017 / 12:12 pm

You had me at chorizo sausage rolls! One I’ll definitely be considering for a very British tea

• April 24, 2017 / 12:08 pm

I literally can’t remember the last time I had a sausage roll! They were really yummy though πŸ™‚

11. April 21, 2017 / 9:23 pm

Some great photographs here Maggie, especially like the blue room the decor is so funky! I haven’t tried the Afternoon Tea at Ham Yard but I have visited there before at another event which was great, an interesting and quirky hotel. The Roof Top is also very nice and a great escape away from reality in the Summer πŸ™‚

Looks like you all had a great champagne infused afternoon tea! *cheers*

πŸ™‚

Laura xo

• April 24, 2017 / 12:07 pm

Thank you Laura!! Isn’t it such a quirky and fabulous hotel?! The Roof Terrace is a lovely touch – if only all hotels had roof terraces for us to indulge during the summer months! πŸ™‚ xx