The 5 Best Instagram Apps Every Blogger Needs

Instagram is the one social media platform that seems to frustrate everyone. It’s a little like being on the big dipper rollercoaster. There’s ups and there’s downs but the downs are always prolonged. Feelings aside, Instagram is a powerful platform so in this post, I’m sharing the 5 best Instagram apps every blogger needs.

best Instagram apps

Cut Story

One of the biggest challenges bloggers face when uploading videos to Instagram Stories, is editing them to 15 second segments. Not anymore because thanks to CutStory, gone are the days of manual editing. All you need to do is open the app, select video from the camera roll, press save and select Instagram (15s). Ingenious!

best Instagram apps

Hype Type

It would be criminal to mention Instagram Stories without mentioning Hype Type. This app is a bundle of fun that allows you to hype your stories by adding funky animations and motion typography. Talk about cool!

best Instagram apps

TRIBE

One of the best ways to make money as a blogger, is through sponsored social media posts. A stumbling block that a lot of bloggers encounter, is not having ‘enough’ Instagram followers. One platform that does things differently is TRIBE. Connecting brands with micro-influencers, your content does the talking, not your follower count. The best part is, you set your own fee! With dozens of campaigns added daily and no restriction on numbers, TRIBE is a great way to earn an extra bit of income.

best free apps

Preview

Preview is one of the best Instagram apps on the market for planning out your feed. With everything you need in one app, you can rearrange your photos, drag and drop, schedule in advance and even use the Instagram hashtag finder to find out which hashtags work best. In addition, there are over 15 filter packs and 70 presets to really help your photos stand out.

best Instagram apps

Color Story

My iPhone contains nearly every photo editing app under the sun. But the one app I return to time and time again is Color Story. This app works wonders in helping you edit your Instagram photos like a pro whilst allowing you to add very colourful filters to your photos. If you’re a fan of including bright colours into your Instagram feed, then Color Story is an absolute must.

best Instagram apps

What did you think of my list of the 5 best instagram apps that every blogger needs? Are there any other Instagram apps that you would recommend?

Maggie xx

1. October 30, 2017 / 9:07 am

I’ve never heart of cut story but it sounds super useful!

2. October 30, 2017 / 6:59 pm

Yayyyy!!! Hype Type! Glad you’re enjoying it 🙂 I love Color Story as well – so many beautiful filters and other tools. Never heard of Tribe but going to sign up now. Thanks for sharing.

xxM

• November 3, 2017 / 6:32 pm

Tribe is actually really great as there are so many different wonderful campaigns and you can pick and choose what you want to do! xx

3. October 30, 2017 / 8:21 pm

MAGGGGIE. Ask and you shall receive. I literally only this evening thought I need an app to slice my videos. You have made my day/evening . Xx

4. October 31, 2017 / 11:36 am

I need Cutstory in my life. I am one of those people manually chopping down videos. Great list Maggie!

• November 3, 2017 / 6:32 pm

I actually couldn’t work out how to manually cut down videos so I used to press stop and start on my recording as soon as I hit 15 seconds lol! xx

5. Suze
    October 31, 2017 / 2:18 pm

I’ve been looking for something like Cut Story but for Android, do you know if it is designed for Android too?

• November 3, 2017 / 6:30 pm

I’ve just had a quick look but I think it may only be for iPhone…I have just found an Android app called Story Cutter though which apparently does the same thing!

6. November 1, 2017 / 5:33 am

Very useful! I reason heard about Hype Type and I can’t wait to try it out… I’m also now very excited to try Tribe and Preview!

Thanks for sharing! So useful!

With Love & Style,
    ♥ Amber
    ALL THE AMBIENCE

• November 3, 2017 / 6:29 pm

I’m so pleased you’ve found this post useful Amber 🙂 xx

7. November 1, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Great list Maggie. discovered Cut Story for myself- bye bye Adobe animation and hours of editing ( facepalm emoji ).
    Do you know/use any of the hashtag apps for Instagram?

Polina x

• November 3, 2017 / 6:28 pm

Thank you Polina! Cut Story is so handy! I keep hearing a great deal about Tailwind and Tagomatic but I haven’t used them for myself. You’ve actually just given me a great idea for an experiment / post…;) xx

8. November 2, 2017 / 9:20 am

This blog post is so useful, some great apps I am looking forward to trying out! Most of them are completely new to me and I was meaning to look into how to up my game on Instagram so thank you very much for sharing!

Miriam x

• November 3, 2017 / 6:25 pm

My pleasure Miriam – this post has been quite popular so I will definitely share some more tips going forward 🙂 xx